Marriage has the potential to be the deepest, most rewarding relationship that we as humans can experience. Most everybody enters into marriage with the hope of achieving this type of relationship with their spouse. And most people end up feeling disappointed or discouraged at one point or another. Why is this?
Because marriage is hard.
A close marriage does not just happen...it comes with ongoing hard work, humility and selflessness. Unfortunately, in today's world there are many things that can get in the way of the close marriage you desire. Do any of the following scenarios sound familiar?
- You used to be close, but since having a couple of kids you've struggled to reconnect and you now feel more like roommates who parent together.
- You and your spouse continue to have the same conflicts about the same subjects over and over again, and neither of you can figure out how to let go and move forward; in the meantime, the hurt and frustration between you continues to grow.
- You or your spouse has had an affair, and although you both desire to work things out, you have no idea where to begin or how to move past the pain and hurt.
- You're no longer newlyweds, and although nothing major has happened, you're not as close as you used to be and you have no idea how you grew apart.
- You and your spouse struggle to connect physically and/or emotionally, and the more you try the worse things become.
Left unaddressed, these various factors that impact a couple's intimacy can create emotional distance that grows over time into a gap that seems impossible to bridge, leaving both partners feeling lonely, unfulfilled and hopeless. I specialize in helping couples who are stuck to bridge this gap, no matter how wide it might seem, and to develop greater intimacy with each other.
Do you long for a marriage that is fulfilling and close but instead continue to experience frustration, resentment and disappointment in your relationship? I use marriage counseling to teach couples how to overcome the emotional distance, resentment and frustration that prevent them from having the close and fulfilling marriage that they both desire. Click the button below to schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation with me and take the first step toward a building a marriage you want to come home to.